Tuesday 2 August 2011

Asus Transformer + wifi c12 above = trouble

I recently purchased the asus Transformer android tablet pc (sending this blog post from it infact) and its  a very good system but it has one pesky problem it won't connect to any wifi chanel above 11.

This could be understandable it was designed in the USA and they aren't allowed to use chanels 12 13 and 14 but this unit was bought in the UK so you would think it would allow 12 & 13 right (14 is only allowed in Japan) but no, the thing just stedfastly refuses to use those chanels.

Could be the radio chipset then I hear you say, well no its not. All it is, is one entery in setings.db. All that has to happen is changing US to EU and it would just work. but now for the problem, that db is locked, yep thats right locked even if you have root and the system partition is mounted R/W

What a pest eh. well I'm a perstant sort so I'll keep trying and will post the results here if I get anywhere with it.